Monday, November 3, 2008

Can't Sleep, Thinking Too Much...

This is guaranteed to be the shortest week of my life. As someone who continually says that they experience weeks like days, this one will be like a half day in elementary school, minus the coloring, and picture books. 

Instead, it's full of anxiousness for the future; the enemy of the present. With the election and my impending trip, it's going to be a wild ride, no doubt. I've been thinking a lot today. Work flew by. Saw Deb, that's always a treat, and got all of my laundry done. I wrote a shit ton. Nothing worthy of sharing, just words on the page. Moving at a good clip, too. Finished day two of the challenge with 4,930 words. Nearly ten percent in two days. Just need to keep it up. 

I'd like to finish this novel this year. I hit the 50K word mark last year with last years's, but that book still has a 100,000 words at least in it. I want to hit 75k this year. The Yip Yip costume  is smugly staring at me from a chair; its dander is everywhere. 

Going to be in a movie tomorrow, or more like four hours from now. Sleep tight, let the World turn without you tonight...

5 comments:

TexasDeb said...

Seriously? In a movie? You have more going on in your life this week than most people do in a year.

Pacing? : )

Hopefully Wednesday is going to be one huge sigh of relief. Hugely Huge.

If I don't see you again before you leave the continent (I love how sophistimacated that sounds), have a wonderful time getting there to begin with. I have a feeling Brittania and the Brits will take care of the rest once you get there. Enjoy, Flapper!

Flapjacks said...

yeah, it's a crazy week. a friend of a friend was shooting a movie at WV and need someone to be a cashier, and produce. I even had a speaking part, for what that's worth. i had to juggle receiving produce, using the forklift and being in a scene. it was like a microcosm of my week.

TexasDeb said...

Wow. Did you wear different outfits and use accents to appear as different people or does it now look (in this film at least) as though W'ville is run by one person?

And where was everybody else while you were Kevin Costnering it up? Standing around watching, NOT being in the movie? Wassup with that? Shy people working at W'ville? I keep coming across all these really extroverted employee types. Hmmmm

Flapjacks said...

well. i got there at 6:45, there was a 'shirt change,' i think i was supposed to be the same person, so, not sure. ill blog about the lines. hilarious.

yeah, we're not a shy bunch. we like people, and love our jobs, which is a good combo.

PassivePastry said...

when do you leave for your trip?
Can I fit into your suitcase? I'll pay your baggage fee. :)

Add to Technorati Favorites

Folks who Follow this Blog