Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Nottingham: Proper Fry Up

So... Before I left the Notts, I had a proper full English breakfast, or as they would call it, a fry up. This is not a classy meal, or the meal mentioned in my last blurby blog.
 
I  hope y'all miss me when I'm dead.

This fry up consisted of two eggs, two sausage, two pieces of bacon (which we would call ham, it's not fatty like our bacon...), two hashbrowns, beans, tomatoes, mushrooms, and two pieces of toast, all washed down with a cup of white coffee (milky). If you ate this everyday, I'm sure you'd have a stroke at Thirty, but whatever, it's pretty fucking good. I'd prefer fresh tomatoes over the canned ones at this venue, but we needed food, and beggars can't be choosers. 

I'm like Rasputin. My appetites will consume me...

Glistening.

3 comments:

PassivePastry said...

i love, love, LOVE this breakfast.
when i was returning from Macedonia, i even ate it at an englishy restaurant in the Heathrow airport.
beans n' fried food for breakfast. yessssss.
artery cloggin' goodness!

Flapjacks said...

yeah. it's like our lumberjack breakfast in the states.

read the next post...

TexasDeb said...

Those look like pork 'n bean beans. Are they or are they more savory? Beans for breakfast..hmm..with all that other fat why not. Gonna be a musical day after a start like that anyhow. Yeah?

Add to Technorati Favorites

Folks who Follow this Blog