Friday, October 31, 2008

London Calling: The Challenges of International Novel Writing

Wow. We live in amazing times, don't we? We sure have managed to create an environment/world where we have too many options to overstimulate our feeble minds. So...

I may be crazy for deciding to go through with this, but NaNoWriMo starts tomorrow, and I leave for London in week. I had the realization that, "Oh shit! They have different outlets over there!" The last thing I want is to blow up my MacBook. That would really suck. 

Thankfully those brilliant folk over at Apple have this to offer. Now, this also got me thinking about the long flight across the pond. I need to be able to crank out words on that flight without the fear of my battery dying. Extra batteries cost $129, and when you're faced with an exchange rate, you don't really want to spend $200 on computer accessories, $100, sure, but not any more. 

After speaking with a rep from Continental Airlines, who was very helpful -- yay for good customer service -- I decided to purchase this as well. I don't see myself doing a ton of flying, but two 11 hour flights may justify its purchase. 

I am crazy, aren't I? Trying to write a 'novel' in thirty days is hard. Doing so while being in another country for nine of those days, with a full itinerary, is, well, mad. I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites

Folks who Follow this Blog